1 Feb 2012

29 faces in February: Day 1

When Mum told me she was joining the 29 faces activity, I immediately said that I was joining her. Man, sometimes it's so hard to find the inspiration to draw, so with the activity/challenge to draw a face everyday, why not accept it? So, to kickstart the challenge, I started with the face of a original character. Light. Originally she was crying, but I thought she looked much better smiling and scrapped the first idea.

Light. I wonder who or what she is smiling at...

Day 1: Mission accomplished! Sorry, I meant to say 'Day 1: Done', but I sorta got a little over excited over this picture. Though I think it looks much better when you have it in your hand, but the picture is still good (just different). This picture is going on my door (as soon as I have the free time to laminate it). Anyway, have a nice day everyone!

*Edit. Anyone looking for the other faces will have to look in the February in the side bar. Mum posted a link when I told her it wasn't ready.... But I'm not blaming her (or anything like that)

18 comments:

  1. Love this sweet face you did & her name is Light, great name with that silver hair, so happy you joined the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Manga Hair!!! Your portrait is wonderful, and I like that you made her happy :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her! I also agree with you that the challenge will be motivation for me too. Looking forward to the next 28!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool face!! Love her! Piercing eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! the brush strokes, the colors, the hair! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely 'Light' !

    Glad she's happy!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Memphis,
    Oh, lovely smiling face to start of the project♡♡♡
    Looking forward to seeing onother ones
    Lots of love and hugs to you, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Light - suits her perfectly! Lovely face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific, pretty shades of blue, the silver and her expression it's all a story waiting to be told.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, the smile is always better than tears...she is beautiful!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully cute face, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for the compliments and coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your faces are great! thank you for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is beautiful! I love how you did her hair and blue eyes!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. real pretty and I love how the light shines on her cool white hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done a fabulous job on this. I'd be excited too.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a few moments I would really appreciate your feedback on my post :) and thank you for dropping by so I could share my stories with you :)