7 Sept 2013

Nga'ra and wu'ru

Hello everyone! How are you all today?

Mum, Trin and I went to the Collecto-rama today with two friends. It was a very interesting experience. Now, I have been there before with Mum, but today the people of Australia are screwing the future - In other words, the Election is on (and currently being tallied). I would tell you to look at the news, but the news in Australia is currently being twisted by the powerhouse to get the weakest person in. So instead here are some words from comedians;
 
“Don’t worry, zombies don’t vote in Australia. They’re attracted to brains” - Wil Anderson 'Gruen Nation' series 2 episode 4
“Ruining my weekend vs. getting a sausage” - Tommy Little 'This Week Live' episode 7
"There is another option that no-one else has thought of. That is - We can have a coup. Now we can have a military style coup. If we do this properly, we don't even have to have an election" - Tom Gleeson 'This Week Live' episode 7
And that pretty much sums up what some people think of the election. The comedians here love it because there is so much material to use.

Anyway, at the Collecto-rama there was something even worse than a politician... A self-righteous religious-nut who 'prays for the gays to be cured' and 'that Catholics are the scum of the earth and a Christian would never do anything bad). To top it off, she is voting for Liberal (whose leader is a sexist Christian - just ask the teenage female netball team). And while I would like to rant about the horrible things that will happen when Liberal gets into power (like the fact our internet will practically be nonexistent - A huge problem for the Australian gaming industry and pirates, or that no-one will get a conscience vote... Sorry, I'm ranting now). Trin says that at least she might get the chance to experience World War III, which would finally prove her history essay about the Industrial Revolution from last year right.

For the full details on what happened today at the Collecto-rama, please keep your eye out for a post from Mum. I assure you that after tonight there will be a post.

On a much lighter note, I finally found a Young Avengers comic!!!! YAY! Now if I could just find the Runaways/Young Avengers crossover...

Oh!! And here are two faces so that I'm up-to-date!
Day 6 and 7 - Nga'ra and wu'ru

Meet Kamlow (the big guy) and Minnta (the girl) - These two come from a Sci-fi story. Minnta has appeared on this site before, a normal human. Kamlow is an alien - You can't see the tail and his hair covers the ridges/scales on his forehead. Also I can't draw texture that well otherwise I would have drawn rough looking skin.

I don't know what they would exactly be saying, but from what Minnta is wearing I gather the two would be on Kamlow's home-world, probably in his old tribe's presence.

If my Gubbi-Gubbi (the Australian Aboriginal language from the Sunshine Coast) database is correct, nga'ra means 'brother' and in context seems akin to calling a friend 'brother'. While wu'ru means 'girl' no matter the context. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the idea.

Anyway, have a wonderful day everyone!

And now for something completely different

2 comments:

  1. What's Gubbi Gubbi for stupid white man??
    Answer... Tony Abbott LOL!
    Love this duo Memmy, faces AND outfits, and YES I did mention THAT vocal Liberal's speech in my post (actually WAS my post) lucky Young Avengers comic find makes up for having to be within earshot of Ms Bigot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your two new faces! Sorry about what's going on in your country!! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete

If you have a few moments I would really appreciate your feedback on my post :) and thank you for dropping by so I could share my stories with you :)