14 Feb 2014

Happy Valentines!

Hello everyone! Get a rose from a loved one? Or did you give one?

Google is forcing the day on everyone, but at least there is no Ferris Wheel like in last year's doodle.

I'm against all public displays of affection (and love), but I got a rose for everyone at lunch today; so my family and my work-mates (and a rose for one worker's wife because she and Trin worked together). That was fun, me and Trin walked off as soon as the entrees were ordered, got the flowers (and a phone call from Dad saying the food was out) and I had to drag Trin back to the restaurant because she kept stopping to take selfies with the flowers.
The following photo is not a selfie, but a photo taken while rushing back.
6 red roses (for the females at lunch), 3 white roses for the men (because there was no other colour other than pink) and a orange and red one for Trin (she wanted it)

The food was so good! Anyway, faces!

So for the Valentines...
Only using three colours for this one. Sue is funny to imagine. She's locked her older siblings in a room for fighting on Valentines (and forgetting about her).

And here's a face, I think... I'm counting it as one!!

This is part of a picture I'm drawing for Trin. It's the Pokemon Oddish - her all time favourite.

Day 11 and 12: Done!
I'm catching up. Slowly, ever so slowly...
I hope you all had a wonderful and spent it with good company!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Memphis! I love the roses! So beautiful! What a great idea ;o) Hope you enjoyed your food ;o) Love both your new faces! The last one is adorable, and I love the wink on Sue! I would lock my older siblings in a room too, if they forgot about me on Valentines ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of those gifts that although knowing Valentines Day is just a huge commercial excuse to sell, still show the same love you do everyday for people you love and respect and use it as an excuse to do something nice, like so they feel special, and it is special, thank you, and love your Valentine art, and love your post, love the roses, and totally utterly adore you :) Happy dragon day Mem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Memphis;
    Thank you SO much for your sweet comment. I am happy that you know a little more about the day♡♡♡
    Yes, like your mother says, I also think it is wonderful we have the day to show love and respect aroud us. Now I feel really thankful to my husband his kindness and understanding taking me places for blog post p;)

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete

If you have a few moments I would really appreciate your feedback on my post :) and thank you for dropping by so I could share my stories with you :)