3 Feb 2012

Day 3: Ashley

And now it's time to reveal the name that Mum drew out from the hat. Against pure odds (seriously, 50:1 or something similar) Mum drew out the name of the one character I draw the most! So the face for Day 3 is Ashley Oak (although when I talk about her, I always say Ash - her nickname). It's a quick little sketch I did while at work, but I liked it so much that I couldn't bring myself to add any colour to it or try and get rid of excess lines...

She's actually drawn on brown cardboard, so I'm curious as to how  it seemed more white when I took the picture... She's also meant to have a really small smile, can you see it?

Anyway, Day 3: Completed!! Dad has drawn the name for tomorrows face, but you won't know who until then! Ok, have fun everyone. I'm off to look at some more faces!

15 comments:

  1. Love the confident strokes here & the simplicity of the pen & ink... also YES I can see a small sweet smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute one! :) Love seeing your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, MangaMem, this one is my fave of the three you posted, WAY AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all of your faces so far! I can see her tiny smile. Congrats on entering your first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great sketch! I hadn't realized you were drawing characters till now - just thought you made these up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's really cute. I love the Manga style and have never tried it. In case you don't know, you've got your blog set up as a no-reply blogger. I tried to respond directly to your comment on my blog and couldn't. If you'd like to change your status, I have a post about how to do that HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has great hair and I wonder what she's listening to?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love her! Sometimes the quick sketches are the best! And her smile is like she is remembering something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sketch a lot, and the expression on her face. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Memphis, you know I really like her without color! Excellent! Well done ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous "mona lisa" moment :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley Oak is so so sweet...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! So interesting how few strokes it took to make her.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a few moments I would really appreciate your feedback on my post :) and thank you for dropping by so I could share my stories with you :)